Tema del giorno
18 agosto 2014 Leave a Comment
The European Initiative for Media Pluralism (EIMP) brings together organisations, media, and professional bodies from throughout Europe with the immediate purpose of running a European Citizens Initiative (ECI) demanding the implementation of an EU Directive on media pluralism. The ECI is a new tool of participatory democracy introduced from April 2012 by the Lisbon Treaty, which allows civil society coalitions to collect online and offline one million signatures in at least 7 EU member states to present directly to the European Commission a proposal forming the base of an EU Directive, initiating a legislative process.
EIMP demands a EU Directive indicating clearly:
- An effective legislation to prevent the concentration of media ownership and control of advertising;
- A guarantee of independence of supervisory bodies independent from political power;
- The definition of conflict of interest in order to avoid media moguls occupying high political office;
- A clear European monitoring systems to regularly check the health and independence of the media in the member States.
- Guidelines and best practice of new models of publishers sustainability to guarantee the quality of journalism and in support of those who work within the sector.
Di recente abbiamo parlato di
13 giugno 2014 Leave a Comment
To close out the celebrations for the 200th Anniversary of Giuseppe Verdi’s birth, a powerful event was organized for the 2013 edition of the Ravenna Festival. On the same stage of the Alighieri … [Guarda il video...]
6 giugno 2014 Leave a Comment
Continua il viaggio di Next Generation all'interno della Summer School organizzata dalle Scuole Civiche di Teatro e di Cinema di Milano. Maruska Ronchi intervista Giorgina Cantalini, l'organizzatrice … [Guarda il video...]
19 maggio 2014 Leave a Comment
PAROL! – writing and art beyond walls, beyond borders The European project PAROL wants to establish creative connections between the prison system and society, promoting values of … [Guarda il video...]