Italians in Belgium is a documentary edited and directed by Marta Scocco and produced by Perypezye Urbane in collaboration with Seamedia Howest.
It collects 15 interviews filmed across Belgium in 2014 documenting stories of the local Italian community. If once being Italian meant miner, it is no longer so: what is the Italian community in Belgium today? And is it still a community? How is the relationship between generations evolving, considering the new streams of young people coming from Italy?
Winner of the “Memorie Migranti 2015” prize promoted by the Regional Museum of Emigration Pietro Conti in Gualdo Tadino (Perugia, Italy).
- Saturday 30 May 2015 7:00 pm – Genk (registration required)
Sala Casa Papa Giovanni
Genk – Winterslag
- Thursday 11 June 2015 6:30pm – Bruxelles (free admission)
within the event Frontiere Europa
at Istituto Italiano di Cultura
Rue de Livourne 38, 1000, Bruxelles
- Friday 12 June 2015 6:00pm – Kortrijk
Howest The Studios
- Thursday 12 November 2015 – Bruxelles
- Wednesday 25 November 2015 – Kortrijk
- Saturday 11 June 2016 9:10am – Charleroi
Salle du Ciné le Parc
- Thursday 23 June 2016 9:30am – Molenbeek
within the conference 70 ans de l’immigration italienne
with Anne Morelli and Johan Lemanat Le Foyer – Rue des Ateliers 25, 1080 Molenbeek-Saint-Jean
Info and registration: email@example.com
- Monday 8 August 2016 6:30pm – Ferrazzano (CB)
within a commemoration of the 60th anniversary of Marcinelle disaster
in collaboration with Associazione pro Arturo Giovannitti