Be SpectACTive! is a 4 years “larger scale cooperation project” financed by the EU under the Programme “Creative Europe 2014-2020″.
The project started in December 2014 and will finish in November 2018. Luca Ricci and Giuliana Ciancio are the creators and project-managers.
Perypezye Urbane is proud to be a partner of Be SpectACTive! and to have provided inspiration for the multimedia activities of the project through our web platform DanceMe (www.danceme.org).
BeSpectACTive! is an action-research and production-based project focused on the contemporary performing arts. It aims to develop new models of co-creation involving artists, audiences and cultural organizations on an equal footing. The project will facilitate the development of sustainable creative relationships between artists, audiences and organizations at both a local and transnational level through a range of on-line and off-line actions.
It is based on the belief that the most effective strategy for audience building is the active involvement of audiences in curatorial and programming decision-making processes and the development of closer relationships between artists, cultural institutions and audience members.
The project will consist of:
1. the coproduction of 12 new theatre performances presented across the partners’ venue and the creation of 9 web-based video-dance shows. They will be developed through more than 500 days of creative residencies involving 150 artists across Europe;
2. participatory workshops that will engage more than 1,000 European citizens in a process of arts programming. Citizens will select 108 performances that will be presented in 8 different European cities to a large audience;
3. the development of an online platform utilizing readily available technologies that will provide an online forum for organizations, communities and audiences with a tool to collectively explore and define curatorial strategies and discuss artistic content and ideas;
4. open rehearsals, international seminars, the production of a documentary (distributed to cultural European networks & TV), publications and other appropriate activities for promotion and dissemination of the project.
The use of ICT and the mobility of professionals and artists and partner organizations will encourage ongoing dialogue throughout the project.
The active involvement of 3 Research Centers will also ensure the analysis and evaluation of the project methodology and outcomes.
The “Be SpectACTive!” partners are:
1) Comune di Sansepolcro – Kilowatt Festival – Sansepolcro (Italy)
2) Fondazione Fitzcarraldo – Torino (Italy) www.fitzcarraldo.it
3) Université Montpellier I – Montpellier (France)
4) Universitat de Barcelona – Barcelona (Spain)
5) London International Festival of Theatre (LIFT) – London – (UK) www.liftfestival.com
6) York Citizens Theatre Royal – York (UK) www.yorktheatreroyal.co.uk
7) Tanec Praha – Praha (Czech Republic) www.tanecpraha.cz
8) Bakelit Multi Art Center – Budapest (Hungary) www.bakelitstudio.hu
9) Teatrul National “Radu Stanca” – Festivalul International de Teatru de la Sibiu – Sibiu (Romania) www.tnrs.ro
10) Domino – Perforacije Festival – Zagreb (Croatia) www.thisisadominoproject.org
11) B-51 – Ex Ponto Festival – Ljubljana (Slovenia) www.exponto.net
12) Perypezye Urbane – Milano (Italy) www.studio28.tv